Items that may be donated are food stuffs: factory sealed, no more than two years outdated. We also accept fresh, clean fruits and vegetables. We CANNOT accept home-produced goods, plastic bags, furniture, clothing, or household items.
• Drop off at Food Bank when open
• Leave in the cabinet at the north end of the food bank building any time
• Collection boxes at Orcas Island Senior Center, Orcas Post Office, Deer Harbor Post Office, Key Bank
If you would like to look into
serving on our Board, contact
the Food Bank at 360.376.4445 or contact us.
Madrona Club's Classes Were A Hit!
We thought you would like to know how the slow-cooker classes went that we told you about on the "news" page. The classes were presented for three consecutive weeks that ended on March 15. The three recipes presented were Island Stew, Tuna Noodle Casserole, and Black Beans and Rice. Bonus recipes were also distributed and the reception was warm and curious.
Twelve enthusiastic participants committed to the classes which qualified them to receive free slow-cookers. Classes were held one-half hour prior to the Tuesday lunch for two weeks and included slow-cooker care and operation, safety and sanitation, basic cooking skills, and creative, nutritious and economical use of simple ingredients. Recipes were created using ingredients typically available at the Food Bank.
Those who completed the required instruction were given a free slow-cooker and smiles were ear to ear. They agreed to return the cookers to the Food Bank, however, should they find that they are not being used.
Following the last class, an informal verbal survey of luncheon guests was taken and there was unanimous agreement that the classes should continue. A repeat of the 3-demo + class model will be scheduled in the Fall.
Our kudos and thanks to he participating members of the Madrona Club: Louise Boone, Leith Templin, Edith Thomsen, Amy Cole and Marcia Spees.
During COVID-19: Volunteers are the backbone of our getting us through this difficult time! If you would like to help, call 360-376-4445 and leave a message. Thank you!!
• During the COVID-19 crisis, donations to the Food Bank are particularly helpful. This can be done by mailing a check payable to OIFB to PO Box 424, Eastsound 98245, or
• Donate online through PayPal. You have the option to use your own credit card or PayPal account to make your donation, or
• Click on this link to Donate to the Food Bank OICF general fund , or
• Click on this link to Make a donation every time you purchase an item at Amazon.com!